We will turn to insanity for comfort
After the last page goes up in flames,
We will warm ourselves by lightless fires
(And darkness will be our only light)
After the last word has been written and read,
We will cease to read each other
And then I will wonder at my ignorance,
In this age of perceived omniscience
Knowledge is power, but data is paralysis
Invisible terminators already choke my throat (hear me gasp)
Frankensteins we have so carefully designed,
Rise against us, reach for our minds
(And how the life of my mind is now waning)
You will not have my attention,
Illusory mirror, mirror on every wall
(Words are fairest of them all)
I choose life over death and words over emptiness
The last gasp of the mind
(The last twist of the knife)
Dead poet, you haunt my poems
And I haunt my own poems too hahaha
Oh you snob of a poet, you meta-allusionist,
to quote yourself
something eats at my mind
something
think
I cannot think
cannot think
fear gnaws
only love scares it away
shakes me out of my mind.
And "ICTHUS meaning fish,
the word transcendence written in every"
poem
Et clamor meus ad te veniat
So, then, teach me all the rules of poetry,
So that I may break them.
Behold my incoherence. I call it poetry
and why again the wasteland as your backdrop?
because in the land of the dead, life is the resistance
and within the dark, light is the shock
bef
ore the
des
cent o
f intol
erable reg
ret
You will not
have my attention
I am the bookseller
of the last million books
I am the reader
of the last million words
I
am
the
resistance
The last gasp of the mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment